I was organizing the table the other day and noticed that setting up a simple field could be tedious. I thought I would try my hand at making a self-contained field that I could easily flip on the table and go with.
I started with a bog standard clip board.
- Cut off the clip
- Spray paint it brown
- I cut a piece of corduroy to size. Leaving about an inch on all sides.
- I used spray adhesive to spay the painted clipboard and carefully laid the corduroy in place
- When dry, I “painted” a glue-water mixture on the edges and added sand on top for texture.
- Paint the sand brown
- Add the split rail fencing
- Paint on glue-water mixture, sprinkle on static grass
- Final coat of Krylon Matte
Sounds like a lot, but each step goes really fast and I did it in between painting other things. I think I’d like about four of these to sling on the table at a moments notice.