I have finished my second batch of Rangers, those wearing caps this time. I’m really liking how these turned out, the Rangers take longer to paint than all the other units due to all of the details, but it’s a fun process and the end result is worth it.
I painted one as a Provincial drafted into Ranger service after being inspired by the Galloping Majors site. I’m trying to pick out one to be a Light Infantry man from Gage’s unit, but might have left it too late as I only have the Ranger command and the Ranger personality packs to choose from.
I became discouraged with my wash after have some bad results with one of the Mohawk units I painted before, but have figured out how to control it and am happy again. Previously I had shaken the wash up for a long time to make sure all of the pigment was mixed in and then used a big brush to try and do it faster. The combination gave very dark results that I didn’t like. I have found that using a small brush allows me to place it much more easily and gives better results.