Scott’s Brigade

I’ve got a few of my Knuckleduster War of 1812 figures painted now.  So it’s time to show them off a bit, even though I still have a bit of static grass to add to the bases.  As these are my first ranked up 28mm figures, I’ve been doing a little playing around.

I have used some 3mm plywood bases that I have left over from a project that never took off.  On top of those I have place some magnetic sheets that have sticky backs.  It only takes a few snips of a scissors to fit it pretty close to size.  After applying the magnetic sheets, I sprayed the bases with cheap Wal-Mart red primer, then painted over that with a brown craft paint that I bought for all of my large scenery pieces.  I think I will go over that (very quickly) with the same color that I use on the figures bases.  I usually don’t do this as it’s a Vallejo paint and I don’t like to use it on large areas, but I think it will be necessary to finish these off.  Once that’s done, I’ll put some static grass on and they will be done.

I’m going to get a command base to finish off this unit, and a flag, then I’ll have some final pictures.

Get Notified of New Content

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

, ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply