Posted on

More 1812 Figures to the Front

I’ve been beavering away for the past few weeks, but with no camera to show progress.  Well, I’ve got the camera back now and here are the fruits of my labors.

A few shots of the beginning of my 21st US Infantry Regiment.  They are coming along nicely, I have 11 painted (5 command still waiting to be based) and after my next order, I’ll have the complete unit.  I debated about he color of the coats for a long time.  I know they should be darker, but I loose so much detail with a dark blue coat and black straps that I just couldn’t do it.  So I have a lighter coat than I should, but I like the overall effect.

Also in the finishing stages is 9 US Infantry Regiment from Scott’s Brigade in the famous grey roundabouts.  I just need a flag now, but that’s in December’s budget.

Posted on

Scott’s Brigade

I’ve got a few of my Knuckleduster War of 1812 figures painted now.  So it’s time to show them off a bit, even though I still have a bit of static grass to add to the bases.  As these are my first ranked up 28mm figures, I’ve been doing a little playing around.

I have used some 3mm plywood bases that I have left over from a project that never took off.  On top of those I have place some magnetic sheets that have sticky backs.  It only takes a few snips of a scissors to fit it pretty close to size.  After applying the magnetic sheets, I sprayed the bases with cheap Wal-Mart red primer, then painted over that with a brown craft paint that I bought for all of my large scenery pieces.  I think I will go over that (very quickly) with the same color that I use on the figures bases.  I usually don’t do this as it’s a Vallejo paint and I don’t like to use it on large areas, but I think it will be necessary to finish these off.  Once that’s done, I’ll put some static grass on and they will be done.

I’m going to get a command base to finish off this unit, and a flag, then I’ll have some final pictures.